Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Special Day


November is birthday month for our family, and today we're celebrating our dear mother's! We're so grateful to the Lord for blessing us with a mother who loves the Lord, her husband, and her children. I decided I would post something that I wrote about my mom a few years back, because these are all reasons why I still love her--I've thought of quite a few more to add to this list too (I guess those would be included in the "million more things"), but for sake of somewhat-brevity, I'll just leave it the way I first wrote it!

What I Love About My Mom...
I love that she looks younger than she really is
I love her beautiful, long hair that’s only just beginning to turn gray
I love that she’s always been there for me, no matter what
I love her passion for her family
I love her desire for the blessing of children
I love that she wishes she could have 9 more children
I love her patience with me
I love that she forgives me when I’ve broken her heart
I love that she encourages me to be feminine
I love that she absolutely loves ice cream
I love that she puts pepper on everything but her ice cream
I love that she collects books that I love to read
I love that she always smells beautiful
I love that she is particular about bathing babies
I love that she taught me to be particular too
I love that she has embraced a vision for biblical, beautiful womanhood
I love that she always encourages me to pursue excellence in everything
I love that she praises me, even when I fail
I love her fondness for coffee lattes and Krispy Kreme donuts
I love that she taught me to cook when I was young
I love that she can still cook everything better than me
I love her taste in decorating, even if my own taste is different
I love that she can style my hair better than anyone
I love her courage and willingness to learn something new
I love her courage and willingness to teach me something new
I love that she says I will never marry until all of my unfinished projects are completed
I love her hospitality and gracious, quiet spirit
I love that she lets me borrow her clothes
I love her way of making me smile when I don’t feel much like smiling
I love her for glorying in who God made her to be
I love that she still kisses me goodnight
I love her because of a million more things
I love her just because…


Happy Birthday, dear Mother!

2 comments:

Somanyblessings said...

Thank you, dear Sara! You are too sweet!! I LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Mrs. Nelson! May the Lord richly bless you with another wonderful year of life! Thank you for your sweet, encouraging example of a godly woman. You are a blessing!

Courtney
–Phil.1:27; 3:7-14