Saturday, September 27, 2008

O Sing a Sweet Song of Coffee


Lately the debate over coffee and everything that word implies has sprung up again at the ITC... Only this time the discussion has been somewhat more, well, poetical than in times past! For your amusement, here's a slice of what's been penned thus far:

"The Coffee Song That Never Ends"
You are the song we love to sing!
Coffee your are our EVERYTHING!
Though Matt will try to wizen us,
We know it will not do--
Because you are the one we love,
To you we will be true... Repeat forever!


"I Must Have Coffee" (Written by FDiP, to the tune of "I Must Have Jesus)
Oh how my brain is starting to wander;
See how my eyes are starting to close!
I hear the sand-man coming to claim me;
I need some caffeine before I am gone!
Chorus:
I need some coffee, I need some coffee!

Can't you see my eyes starting to close?
I must have coffee, I must have coffee!
Caffeine can help me, Caffeine alone!

Mr. Stewart's response--In memoriam of coffee's many casualties
"The Fix" (to the tune of "Higher Ground")
My alarm clock rings, it's time to rise,
I open my bleary, crusty eyes;
But still I struggle to get out of bed,
Legally I could be called dead.

Chorus:
Coffee, lift me up to face these days,,

And I will ever sing your praise.
No matter what Matt may inflict,
I blissfully choose to be an addict.

There's only one reason to get myself up,
And that's for a steaming, stinking cup.
My vision is blurry, I'm starting to shake,
It's time for my ritual intake.
(Chorus)
So I rise up, against all odds,
Drawn to this sweet nectar of the gods;
At the first sip, my taste buds sing,
Coffee, you are my EVERYTHING.
(Chorus)
After the first cup, the world slows down,
At troubles I'll laugh, my sorrows I'll drown;;
I now rejoice in every deed,
My system just hit hyper-speed.
(Chorus)
In a short time, the buzz is gone,
This drug had used me as its pawn;
I gnash my teeth, mourn, wail, and weep,
It's 3 a.m. and I can't sleep.
(Chorus)

No comments: